Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The beginning of the end...

I am sitting here; alone in my room. I cannot shake this emty feeling off me. When you have dedicated so many hours to one specific project, what do you then do once it is over?

NaNoWriMo day #17 - wordgoal: 28333 -

The 17th was a very speciel day for me. I started the journey towards the end. When I started writing I only had 3 chapters left to write. it was really overwhelming, and my mind could not gasp itself around the fact that I might only have had a few days left before I was done. But that was not the only reason why it was so special. My total wordcount for the day was 90808. Not only did I pass 90k, but I passed the wordcount of last year's NaNo-novel, which was 90106 words. This makes my current novel the longest I have ever written in my entire life. I was quiet excited indeed.

NaNoWriMo day #18 - wordgoal: 30000 -

At this point you should be around the 30k mark. If you were not, past-me would have to spank you. I want to see you all win, and there are no good excuses to compensate for the fact that you have not reached it yet. Being busy is no excuse. I have been busy. Really busy. But my wordcount was at the 18th about 94k. You just need to find the time. And use every free moment you have to write. Especially if you are planning on getting published one day. Anywho! I am not going to sit here and be mad, so let's talk about my progress! I actually managed to finish the 3rd last chapter and you know what that means; The final battle has arrived! And I freaking loved writing it. Unfortunately I did not have time to finish it because I had school and with that a presentation first thing in the morning...stupid I know.

NaNoWriMo day #19 - wordgoal: 31667 -

I started the final chapter! YES! My story is really coming to an end soon, isn't it? You bet. It was actually really emotional for me to write the final battle-chapter. A lot of stuff happened that really just tied everything together. But who cares about the story, right?! The more exciting news; I crossed the 100k mark...well, actually 100,001 mark! I know... that should not be happening. Especially not for me. I managed to write 100k in 19 days. I did not even know I was capable of that. It kind of makes me wonder what else I am able to, if I really put my head in the game. Could I do 50k in one day? Probably not right now... but maybe one day.

NaNoWriMo day #20 - wordgoal: 33333 -

When I started writing today I was only half a chapter away from the end. But though it was so close I would taste it, it was probably the hardest thing I have ever written. Multiple times I just sat there and stared at the screen thinking "how do I word this?!". But in the end I did it. I wrote that last sentence. I finished the first draft of my novel. The final wordcount is 103,398 words. I wrote a 100k+ words long novel over the course of 20 days. And the most surprising thing is that I am really satisfied with the way it ended. My last sentence was very carefully thought out, and througout the 2nd last and the last chapter there are small hints to this final sentence. But now that it is done I am left feeling empty. What do I do now? My novel is done, but NaNoWriMo is still going. I know I am going to start the reading of my novel probably tomorrow. But while doing that I might start the outline of a new novel that I have been playing around with. The thing is though...I do not want my graf to die...I mean...look at it!


But there is nothing left to write on it. This story has come to an end. And if I want to get it ready for publication, then I need to begin the edits ASAP. 
For those of you who are still reaching for the 50k...stretch your arm a little longer. You are not that far away.

Keep Calm and Write On.

- Nanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment